A brief update for August 14…I’ve had a fantastic summer visiting friends and family from Cornwall to Edinburgh. I start back teaching music at 3 Primary Schools next week, also beginning my postgrad in Music Therapy whilst continuing to play drum kit and piano with bands.
This weekend I am attending a Guys and Dolls Musical Course in Chichester to improve my singing (and it turns out possibly my dancing too!). This will help when playing songs with the children at school and also my harmonizing backing vocals with the bands.
I’ve some diary dates too –
On Wednesday September 3rd my band Council play at famous venue The Water Rats in Kings Cross – details here – https://www.facebook.com/events/1532114860351449/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
On the Friday 5th The Medicine Show rock The Monarch, details here – https://www.facebook.com/events/338247676330138/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
our website featuring tracks from our album now available on iTunes here – http://www.themedicineshow.net/
Amd on Sunday September 7th from 1pm I’m running another Bongo Barney’s Bandstand Barnstormer at Victoria Park Bandstand, London E9 with my band The Medicine Show and other performers. The last of these attracted over 300 people enjoying picnics and hanging out whilst listening to and viewing the live music on the bandstand. Click the link for more info… https://www.facebook.com/events/690104757746364/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
I’ve also added some new YouTube clips of me on piano, solo and with singer Ella May Stainer so check those out too. I’ll be adding more soon of me on drum kit and accordion too 🙂
Plans are afoot for Barnstormer 2015, my bi-annual festival – all details on my website at http://www.barnstormer.me so do check it out.
Also, don’t forget to look at Performance Options Available here on this website too 🙂
Do click “follow” here to get email updates for my occasional website updates, follow me on Facebook and Twitter too.
Hope to see you at a gig or event 🙂
School’s is out! No time for resting though as many lovely music projects to be getting on with…here’s the updates!..
1. The big news is that I have been accepted on to a post-grad course in Music Therapy! This starts in September with organisation Sounds of Intent. I will be working with Professor Adam Ockelford – you can view him giving a TED talk
I’ll be updating on how this is going as I go, here and on my barneymusician page…I have a placement lined up locally which is great…
2. I’m running my first summer RocksCool from 18th – 22nd August for 9-12 year-old children – do you have any? Get them along for a week of trying different instruments, learning the principles of being in a rock band, rehearsal and performance technique and a final gig on the Friday for friends and family! Budding rockstars each get a backstage pass which gets them a discounted lunch and 10% off in the fab Moka East Cafe, part of the complex that is the ViewTube, the great venue for RocksCool that overlooks the Olympic Stadium and Park. Contact me at email@example.com to get your child a place or visit the website at http://www.rockscool.wordpress.com
3. I have THREE EPs out this year!!! Do please have a listen to each on Soundcloud and feel free to comment and like (if you do!).
4. I am on contract from September 14 teaching music in 3 Primary Schools on Mondays. Wednesdays and Fridays, doing my Music Therapy postgrad on Thursdays up in Oxford leaving me Tuesdays to get on with all the other bits and pieces I need to (I still run a group for Male Carers in Hackney supporting guys that meet monthly to talk about how their month has been caring for their partner, parent, son or daughter. I’m taking them on a boat trip in August and working to secure funding for the group to pay for more of the IT courses I have so far run for them as getting them tuned up on IT means they can communicate with friends and family via the internet reducing their isolation)
5. Barnstormer 2015 – I intend to run Barnstormer – my festival – again next year. Last year was such a success and although I had to make the decision to make it bi-annual it means every other year can be planned more effectively. Do visit the website at http://barnstormer.me and sign up to the Twitter Feed/Like the Facebook Page from there.
6. In other news, I continue to work towards getting my own home and adopting as a single parent hoping that being on contract next year will make it slightly less difficult to get a mortgage for a flat or houseboat. I’m open to any suggestions as to how on earth one can get a 2-bedroom home in London without winning the lottery, many seem to manage it but still a challenge beyond my capabilities it seems! I’ll get there…
I play keys in Alt-Country-Rock outfit The Medicine Show and our album is out on iTunes here…
and our shiny new website here -http://www.themedicineshow.net
Don’t forget you can also here the fab Buenos Bastardes EP with me drumming at
with track Wheal Jane written by me.
Lastly and by no means least check out album “Rhythm over Key” by DJ Saffrolla with Keys, Percussion and co-writes by me at
Here for absolutely no reason is a moody pic of me from 1863…
A fabulous Sunday event I ran on a gorgeous sunny last Sunday in Victoria Park.
My brilliant P.A. system pumped the sound from 8 live music acts to the 500 guests all day long.
Do get in touch if you need a P.A. and/or recording for any event! I deliver, set up, operate and if needed can also make a high quality audio recording too!
Well last night I completed a recording project, hired by Sea Shanty Singers “The Hog Eyed Men” to record them in situ at The Pub on The Park E8.
Using my trusty Zoom R16 along with my Rhode NT1 microphone and a combo of other condenser and dynamic mics I got a great authentic sound for them recording 12 songs in total for their pending CD release.
These are then flown in to the MacBookPro, mastered, mixed down and all uploaded to a Dropbox folder shared with the client. With experience from Gambia to Hackney I am available for mobile recording projects…
With The Medicine Show at The Blues Kitchen, Camden. Playing keys. Pop along!
Sorry…been a bit busy and not posted for too long!
Currently teaching music to 900 children weekly between 2 Primary Schools, tutoring GCSE music, teaching piano privately and playing in 3 bands.
I am not doing a Barnstormer Festival in Devon this year (2014) but do hope to do one again in 2015. I am however, doing some mini Barnstormer events in London, the first being “Bongo Barney’s Bandstand Barnstormer!” on Sunday May 18th in Victoria Park, London E9 from 12pm – 6pm so do grab a blanket and picnic and come down! There will be a lovely mix up of solo acts and bands. I would love it if people brought things to share from food to decorations for the bandstand to face painting for children, etc…the idea is to DIY our own afternoon festival in a free space in the park with the lovely musicians entertaining all from the bandstand. I’ll post details nearer the time here and on my official Barnstormer website at http://www.barnstormer.me .
In other breaking news, my band of brothers Buenos Bastardes are releasing our debut EP TONIGHT!!!! It will be available to hear at https://soundcloud.com/buenosbastardes from 10pm tonight!!! Do let us know what you think by commenting on the Soundcloud page or at our Facebook page -https://www.facebook.com/BuenosBastardes .
There is also an album release by the band I play keyboards with – The Medicine Show, FB Page at https://www.facebook.com/WeAreTheMedicineShow. We did a storming gig at The Monarch in Camden on Friday night gone with an Album Launch gig pending at The Blues Kitchen in Camden soon, like the FB Page to get updates…
Council are doing well with a new song written available to hear on my soundcloud page at https://soundcloud.com/barneymusician/you-crane-crime-a
I’m also putting more footage of me on my YouTube channel tonight!!
More updates and sooner I promise!!