School’s is out! No time for resting though as many lovely music projects to be getting on with…here’s the updates!..
1. The big news is that I have been accepted on to a post-grad course in Music Therapy! This starts in September with organisation Sounds of Intent. I will be working with Professor Adam Ockelford – you can view him giving a TED talk
I’ll be updating on how this is going as I go, here and on my barneymusician page…I have a placement lined up locally which is great…
2. I’m running my first summer RocksCool from 18th – 22nd August for 9-12 year-old children – do you have any? Get them along for a week of trying different instruments, learning the principles of being in a rock band, rehearsal and performance technique and a final gig on the Friday for friends and family! Budding rockstars each get a backstage pass which gets them a discounted lunch and 10% off in the fab Moka East Cafe, part of the complex that is the ViewTube, the great venue for RocksCool that overlooks the Olympic Stadium and Park. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your child a place or visit the website at http://www.rockscool.wordpress.com
3. I have THREE EPs out this year!!! Do please have a listen to each on Soundcloud and feel free to comment and like (if you do!).
4. I am on contract from September 14 teaching music in 3 Primary Schools on Mondays. Wednesdays and Fridays, doing my Music Therapy postgrad on Thursdays up in Oxford leaving me Tuesdays to get on with all the other bits and pieces I need to (I still run a group for Male Carers in Hackney supporting guys that meet monthly to talk about how their month has been caring for their partner, parent, son or daughter. I’m taking them on a boat trip in August and working to secure funding for the group to pay for more of the IT courses I have so far run for them as getting them tuned up on IT means they can communicate with friends and family via the internet reducing their isolation)
5. Barnstormer 2015 – I intend to run Barnstormer – my festival – again next year. Last year was such a success and although I had to make the decision to make it bi-annual it means every other year can be planned more effectively. Do visit the website at http://barnstormer.me and sign up to the Twitter Feed/Like the Facebook Page from there.
6. In other news, I continue to work towards getting my own home and adopting as a single parent hoping that being on contract next year will make it slightly less difficult to get a mortgage for a flat or houseboat. I’m open to any suggestions as to how on earth one can get a 2-bedroom home in London without winning the lottery, many seem to manage it but still a challenge beyond my capabilities it seems! I’ll get there…